"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh Masterful Harley

:)  Today's blog is just to give thanks and a much deserved shout out to my "trainer", Harley.  (Well he is more than my trainer, but you guys don't need to know that)  Yesterday's leg workout was BRUTAL as I always ask for legs to be and he delivered.  More so than that though was that I did leg presses with the actual machine (instead of the lady version like I had been using).  I loaded up 190 lbs and could have done more, but didn't.  Then I was doing stiff leg dumbbell deadlifts because of my back (the bar used to hurt my back).  Yesterday I decided to do regular deadlifts with the bar just to see how it would go......I worked out with the bar plus 50.  Now I know this is not a lot of weight on either, but what you may not understand is I injured my back very badly last year and it caused me to lay out for quite a while.  Since then I have been slightly scared to "overdo" anything with legs for fear of reinjuring my back.  Yes, I know about form and such and trust me I am very careful of my form when doing legs or any other bodypart. 

What I want to get across here is Harley knew about my back injury, designed my workouts around it and built my strength up in the meantime so now I can do the things I want to do.

Harley you are hands down the best trainer EVER!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment