"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, January 14, 2011

2 weeks of dieting, cardio, and weight training

Today makes 2 weeks exactly!  I must say, it has gotten a lot easier.  Last week on my 1st high carb day I was so excited because it felt like I was finally getting to eat.  Yesterday on my 2nd high carb day I felt nauseous trying to eat all of that rice, chicken, and oatmeal.  A good bit of it went in the garbage can yesterday because I just could not eat all of that.  So, I know now my body has quit craving carbs, at least for a little bit.  Then this morning I was supposed to eat 7 egg whites and a 1/2 cup of oatmeal.  I have decided on my mid and high carb days to change my breakfast to a shake (still having all the egg whites and oatmeal in the shake).  The only real change there is adding a scoop of protein powder, which I think my body will benefit from the extra protein.  Lately I have been getting sore again and I am thinking I need more protein to help my muscles rebuild quicker.
On that same note, I plan to go buy some supplements this weekend.  All for different reasons.  I am going to get a thermo because most mornings it is very hard for me to get going, so I am going to start taking 1 thermo in the am only, for now.  Of course I will increase that as I see the need to.  Also, I am going to start glutimine.  This is to help with my protein metabolism and support my immune system.  ( I have been on the verge of sick since I started Jan 1st, only through taking insane amounts of Vit. C, and Ziacam have I held it at bay).  Still considering BCAA's.  
On Sunday, I hope to post body measurements and weight for the week.  Honestly, I do not feel any serious changes, but I can see changes in my legs.  The measuring tape probably will not reflect a loss, but I am seeing more muscle definition than before.  :)  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment