"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Low Carb DaysMid Carb DaysHigh Carb Days
Tuesday, Wednesday, SaturdayMonday, Thursday, FridaySunday
Meal 1 Meal 1Meal 1
Shake with ice, 4 egg whites, 1 scoop protien powder, and 1 tbsp nat peanut butterShake with ice, 7 egg whites, 1 scoop protien powder, and 1/2 cup oatmealShake with ice, 3 egg whites, 1 scoop protien powder, and 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2Meal 2Meal 2
4 oz chicken & 1 oz almonds or cashews (unsalted or lightly salted in my case)4 oz chicken, 1 cup of green veggies, & 1 oz almonds or cashews (same)6 oz chicken & 1 cup brown rice
Meal 3Meal 3Meal 3
25 gr. Whey protien powder & 1 tbsp nat peanut butter4 oz chicken, 1 cup of green veggies, & 1 oz almonds or cashews (same)Shake with ice, 3 egg whites, 1 scoop protien powder, and 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 4Meal 4Meal 4
3 oz fish & 1 cup green veggiesShake with ice, 2 egg whites, 1 scoop protien powder, and 1/2 cup oatmeal6 oz chicken & 1 cup brown rice
Meal 5Meal 5Meal 5
25 gr. Whey protien powder & 1 tbsp nat peanut butter4 oz chicken & 4 oz sweet potatoes (always after training)4 oz chicken & 8 oz sweet potatoe
Meal 6Meal 6Meal 6
4 oz chicken & 1 oz almonds or cashews (same)4 oz chicken & 1 cup of green veggies  (always last meal of day)Shake with ice, 2-3 egg whites, 1 scoop protien powder, and 1/2 cup oatmeal  (always last meal of day)
Calories           164116582367
Protien        199213239
Carbs         23107279
Fat            773618


Sorry for the format....it did not want to transfer very well.  :(

  Many have asked what my diet is or what method I have chosen.  I am carb cycling.  My #'s may be slightly swewed since I have added a little to this diet plan in order for me to "bear" it.  Such as, I made all Meal 1's into shakes, because I could not choke down cooked eggs anymore after about the 2nd week  (yea, I know I am a wimp).  So, anywhere you see a full shake description, that is my change and all I added was a scoop of protien powder because my diet already called for the oatmeal, & egg whites.  Also, starting in February, I am moving my "high carb" day to Sunday, instead of Thursday, because it is too hard for me to eat all that food at work.  And I was finding I wasn't getting the full benefit of my high carb day because I was throwing away a good bit of the food. 
I prep all my chicken for the week on Sunday, but I normally have to do a 2nd batch of chicken one night during the week.  I use 2 cans of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken (98% fat free, of course) in a casserole pot with about 5-6 lbs of chicken and bake it.  Once it cools, I bag it in ziplock bags and stick them in my veggie drawer of my regridgerator.  Each morning before work I pack meals 2-4 in my lunch bags and bring them to work with me.  I eat Meal 5 as I walk in the door after the gym or work then meal 6 right before bed. 
Honestly, after the 1st week on the diet, I quit craving and after week 2 it has been rare for me to get hungry.  Normally I am only hungry 1st thing in the morning and after my workouts, which should be expected.  Currently I am alternating green beans and asperagus for my green veggie, but plan to add in some zucchini in February.  And even more recently I changed from unsalted almonds to an almond, cashew mix (with sea salt).
This diet can easily be modified for anyone and still be very useful.  So, if you are looking for a place to start, give it a try and modify as needed.


Thank you guys for all of your support and words of encouragement.  You are making this journey a much easier one for me.


xoxoxo,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. :) Yes you have to find the diet that works for you!
    however, going real low on fat is not very good for you since your a female. I reckon 18g a day is way to low (in my experience...) for your hormones needs it. I did it on my first comp and I FELT LIKE CRAP! .5g per kg body weight is minimum in my oppinion. I think thats about 0,25xpounds bodyweight. Speak to your coach and keep an eye out on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also broccoli is the shit for green veggies! Loads of fibers and filling and tasty! Another thing about your diet, its not a lot of calcium, you will need that too - woman especially, if you dont want to use dairy use supplements(low fat dairy is real good due to its fatburning facilities) Zemel M B, Shi H. Greer B, DiRienzo D & Zemel PC. Regulation of adiposity by dietary calcium FASEB J. 14:1132-1138, 2000.

    Zemel M B, Thompson W, Zemel P, Nocton A M, et al. Dietary calcium and dairy products accelerate weight and fat loss during energy restriction in obese adults Am J Clin Nutr 75(suppl. 2):a342S, 2000.

    Zemel MB. Mechanisms of dairy modulation of adiposity J Nutr 133:252S-256S, 2003.

    Teegarden D. Calcium intake and reduction in weight or fat mass. J Nutr 133:249S-251S, 2003.

    E L Melanson et al., Relation between calcium intake and fat oxidation in adult humans. Int Journal of Obesity 27:196-203, 2003.


    Some info from these studies "Notably, dairy sources of calcium exert markedly greater effects in attenuating weight and fat gain and accelerating fat loss. This augmented effect of dairy vs. supplemental calcium is likely attributable to additional bioactive compounds in dairy that act synergistically with calcium to attenuate adiposity; among these are angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitory peptides, which limit angiotensin II production and thereby limit angiotensin II stimulation of adipocyte lipogenesis. These concepts are confirmed by both epidemiological and clinical data, which similarly demonstrate that dairy products exert a substantially greater effect on both fat loss and fat distribution compared to an equivalent amount of supplemental calcium."

    "Calcium in the form of dairy exerted a greater effect on attenuating fat deposition than a comparable quantity of elemental calcium. Consistent with this, a recent randomized clinical trial demonstrated a markedly greater weight loss (7.0 vs. 1.7 kg) in patients maintained on a milk-based diet for 16 wk vs. those maintained on conventional hypocaloric diet at the same level of energy intake (16) . Although this difference was attributed to the novelty of the milk-based diet possibly contributing to a greater level of compliance, data presented herein suggest that this effect may also be attributable to suppression of 1,25-(OH)2-D and adipocyte Ca2+, with a consequent reduction in the efficiency of energy utilization."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nelli,
    Thank you for all of your input. I can use all the advise I can get at this point.
    Have a great weekend!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete