"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My life as a work in progress

This morning the thought about this blog popped in my head and I decided it had to be done.  This may seem random a bit, but I hope you follow through to the end. 

I get all kinds of questions about my life.....from what am I doing with my hair, to how are my girls and if I am going to get married, to what is going on with my contest prep, to am I going to buy a house or car anytime soon, etc....  So, I have considered how my life is one HUGE work in progress.  Will there ever be an end to the work and if so does that mean my life will be over at that point?  (I don't mean that in a gloom and doom way, but in a philosophical way)  For example, my hair.  It has been a work in progress all my life it seems.  Most recently, I have decided to go back to my natural color.  Well I mentioned to my mom the other day my goal was to keep cutting it till all the damaged portion was off and then highlight it.  (She never likes to hear me changing anything about my hair)  So at this time I am waiting till March to go back cut a little more off, then for April to cut a little more off and highlight it.  Then the thought hit me this morning how much easier it would be if I do not highlight it....... :)

My contest prep is completely in the air right now.  I have decided to make even more changes to my diet, but have not had the time to research it to make sure of what approach I want to take.  Always in the back of my mind there is what "the experts" say we must eat and can not eat in order to prepare for a show and I understand, but I think each person's body reacts differently and should be treated differently.  What works for one may not work for another, so I am about to get a lot more scientific.  (Sweet potatoes have GOT TO GO!)

I do not know about you, but there is always something in my life I am working towards.  To me that does not mean I am willing away the present, but I have certain goals and I want to see them accomplished.  I am 100% positive once my current goals are met more will follow.  And I think what I am trying to say is it is OK with me to live my life that way.  Anything worth having is worth working for and the working for it is what makes getting it all that much sweeter.

So, what are your goals and what are you doing to get there?  More importantly, are you on track and if not what are you going to do about it?




 

1 comment:

  1. I wish blogs had a "like" button so I could click it right now!

    T.

    ReplyDelete