"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Being hard on myself

This week has not been the best in terms of how I feel I look.  To me the changes are not coming quickly enough.  Yes I know this is a process and takes time, but ______________________well the list could go on and on. 
Here are some things I am thinking about:
Are my shoulders going to be big enough by show time?  I considered adding in another light shoulder day to my routine before I remembered I am already doing a full shoulder day, plus the 300 workout which has a good bit of shoulders in it, and I am using shoulders a bit in my ab workouts too.  Do I really need another shoulder workout?
When, oh when, are my legs going to look like they should?  I keep hoping by having this extra plyo day they will trim down so I can see more cuts, but it hasn't happened yet.  On a slightly better note I am seeing the side sweep of my quad and that makes me somewhat happy.
Booty, well, let's just say I have already added back in a few exercises each week designed to target the booty.  Maybe I will see a change in a couple of weeks.
Chest, fine.
Back fine.  Want a little more V shape in my back, but I know it will come.
Arms, good.  Probably could use a little more definition in my tris, but that will probably show as I lean down.
Abs, are getting there.  Not too worried here either.  Again as I lean down, they will be fine.

I know at the 12 week out mark I will make more changes that should help me see results.  It is almost as if I am wishing away the next 9 days, so I can make those changes already. 

Patience grasshopper!  It will come!  (see I know, just needed to voice it)

1 comment: