"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Change of mind

I have decided to change my mind or rather my way of thinking.  Last year was kind of a tough one for me financially and in other areas.  Lots of "extra"bills, work slowed way down, took on a 3rd job, and missed time with my family.  Blah, blah, blah!  Well like the beautiful blue sky and sunshine out today, I have decided it is time to put all of that behind me and move forward.  Life is too short to pack around all sorts of unnecessary baggage.  So here is me throwing it all off, straightening up my shoulders and looking out through new eyes.  No longer will negative words come out of my mouth, all negative thoughts will be squished.
Only I have the ability to change my life and the path I chose. 

Notes to self:
  • My girls are growing up and I will have to accept that at some point, might as well be today.
  • There is only so much I can do in a day, but use every moment to it's fullest.
  • Be where I am...whether that is home, work, or the gym.
  • Workouts are something I need for my health, give them everything I have each and every time.  If I am not healthy all other parts of my life will fall apart.
  • Find more joy in the simple things life has to offer. 
  • Make a difference in someones life daily.  Even if it is mine.

Someone told me they were reading my blog, it was someone completely unexpected, and it touched me.  I don't think I properly thanked them because I was caught off guard and it humbled me.  So let me say now, thank you to all of you who are secretly following because you are interested enough in what is going on in my life to read this blog.  Truly, I am touched.

I leave you with this:
What have you done to improve upon yourself today?

No comments:

Post a Comment