"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, May 6, 2011

TGIF

Happy Mother's Day to you guys!  I am looking forward to my weekend, in particular this evening.  After work I plan to finish a project of mine, a Mother's Day present to myself.  I am refinishing a dresser I bought, when I am done I will post the pics. 

Yesterday's workout was a run/walk through part of my neighborhood. 


It is a very scenic place to run.  This is a picture of the 1st leg of the run.  My phone camera is making everything look blue.  I am gong to try to take more pics of the path later, I think you would enjoy. 

So back to the point....yesterday's workout was a 3 mile run/walk.  It took me 30 minutes to do, but keep in mind I am not a runner by any means.  I enjoy it when I want to do it, but the urge does not come on often.  My path has a slightly wooded area.  Very off the beaten path sort, kind of sneaks up on you if you haven't been through the area before.  With me being such a HUGE chicken, I play all big and bad but I am really a scardie, I had to stop right on the brink of the woods, take a few deep breaths and run like I stole it!  Let's just say momma was not stopping in middle of the woods for nothing!  (Even if it is beautiful)  No stopping to smell the roses here.  That part of the run is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile not real sure, but I promise you it feels much farther than that. 

Well I made it through and home.  My daughter took one look at me and kept asking if i was OK, if I hurt myself, was my hand hurting, etc....I guess the last time I went out for a little exercise I came back home with a broken hand and so she was a little scared for me too.  I say that because I want you guys to know I had to think long and hard before I went outside to run by myself.  It was a struggle not to go to the gym and get on the treadmill.......something about once you get thrown off the horse you have to get back on.  (Still not on roller blades, but I figure I will take baby steps)

Tomorrow is PLYO, step mill, and tire flipping!  LOVE that workout!!!

Have a great Mother's Day weekend you guys!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mama's Day to you too! Tire flipping sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    T.

    ReplyDelete