"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Heidi Klum or Erin Stern

Someone told me the other day they had joined a gym, been going to workout, and wanted to look like Heidi Klum by next Summer.  I didn't really respond because I did not think that person would like my answer, so I left it alone.  One, do not get me wrong- Heidi Klum is a GORGEOUS woman.  Just about anyone would recognize a picture of her as she has made quite a name for herself.  AND I give serious props to her for getting her body back in shape after giving birth, but when we were sitting at the table and she came up, my first thought was I have never wanted to look like her, or at least not in the body, maybe in the face, but not the body.  :) 



My thoughts have always been that it takes/requires very little action to be "skinny".  Skinny women are not attractive to me or rather as attractive as fit women.  Strong is the new sexy, and this is something I try desperately to instill in my own daughters.  The word "skinny" implies to me very little effort, starvation, weak, and unmotivated.  (Not that Heidi is any of those, please do not take this wrong, I am simply using her body type as an example)  When I see a woman with ab detail, delts popping, quads sweeping, and calves it makes me think of all the work and effort it took to make that happen.  The diet, workouts, and cardio. I can not help but to think it is beautiful.  Much more beautiful than skinny arms with no detail, a flat stomach with hip bones protruding,  tooth pick legs, and zero muscle definition.  



Just my opinion.

5 comments:

  1. I vote for an "Erin" look myself :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya girl! In order to be skinny and look good like Heidi requires not eating plus great genetics! Not every skinny girl will look like that without the amazing genetics that Heidi has. I admire the body of a woman that has put in the time to achieve it and not because of their genes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I completely agree, if there was any model I'd want to look like it would be Heidi Klum. She didn't get her nickname of "The Body" for nothing... she's actually the more athletic of all the models. Just interesting to think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - I would rather have Erin's body versus Heidi's - give me muscular legs, biceps, and a shredded back any day!!!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete