"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Integrated Conditioning

Hey guys, I recorded some of my workout this morning and I am trying desperately to get it on here somehow.  Hopefully I will be able to share it.

I changed it up just a bit this morning.  Normally Saturday mornings are PLYO days for me.  I enjoy it alot!  BUT today I decided to try Emily Sterling's Integrated Conditioning workout.  It was great!

Here is how it went:
Walking lunges with BB (to warm up, I did about 65ish)
3 X through these:
BB squat press (15)
Single leg DL w/ bicep curl (10 each leg)
Curtsy lunge w/one arm shoulder press (20)
Deadrow (deadlift with bent over BB row) (15-20)
Med Ball push up & knee tuck (12)
Loved the exercises as they are not something I would normally do.  So change up was nice.  If I get the video loaded you will see I videoed my1st time through on these and because I am not used to the motion, I was quite clumsy.  But by the 2nd set it was fun.

Then she adds a PLYO set.  These were good and I tried to stick to her timing, but I will admit, it was tough and I may have rested a few more seconds than I was supposed to.
3 X though 30 seconds on with no rest till end then 15 sec rest before going again.  I did reps instead of 30 sec on each exercise to make sure I got them in because it is too tough to watch my own time and workout.
Jump lunge (16)
skaters (20)
Bosu squats (15)
Resistance band around lower thigh side squats (14 each leg)
Box jumps (15)
Loved it again.  I think next time I will really push not to take any breather between exercises.  You will have to watch her video to get the explanation.

Follow up with 15 minutes on Stepmill and 15 minutes on elliptical.

Otherwise another great Saturday workout!!

1 comment: