"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Amanda Latona's Kick-Butt Workout!

Today's workout: I did.....

AMANDA’S KICK-BUTT WORKOUT!
1.)
Leg press with feet together: 3 sets of 20 reps  3 X 20
2.) Lunges on the smith machine: 3 sets of 15 reps  3 X 15 each leg
3.) Dumbbell squats super-set with dumbbell step ups: 3 sets of 20 reps (each
exercise3 X 20
Whoops I skipped # 4 (Reverse lunges)
5.) Hack squats: 3 sets of 12/15/20 reps with 3 rest pauses at last set (pause for 3 seconds when you can’t do anymore, then do a few more reps)  I did
6.) Jump lunges: 3 sets of 15 per leg (my legs were fried here I usually do 30 though on separate plyo day) 3 X 10 per leg
7.) Leg extensions: 3 sets of 20 reps with drop set on last set 
I must have been brain fried because I forgot to do the drop set but did do 3 X 20
Then standing claves 3 X 10

I am really enjoying being able to work more specific body parts again other than legs.  My diet has been about 80% good as I posted last time (generally a cheat night during the week, and Saturday and Sunday very relaxed).  With my height at 5'8.5" I am weighing on average about 138-140lbs now.  Before I broke my hand and I was dieting 100% at 9 weeks out from my contest I was weighing in at about 134lbs, so I am happy with where I am for my diet being what it is and my cardio averaging about 2 hours/week.  Still in the mindset of staying bikini ready for the Summer and starting in August/September going into full blown off season prep.  Hopefully if all goes as I want, I plan to stay within 15 lbs of my contest weight (guessing about 125lbs).  So, to stay right about where I am now.

Goodnight ladies! and gentlemen.




2 comments: