"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, May 2, 2011

Great leg pump

So for those of you who don't know, I LOVE me some PLYOS.  Always enjoy my Saturday morning PLYO routine.  Well this past Saturday after my plyo workout, I decided to go outside with Harley and flip the "girlie" tire.  Felt good to move something big around.  Little did I know flipping tires will kill my wrists and forearms, not to mention hip flexer and top of quads.  Ton of fun!  What could be more fun than Plyos?  How about my second love, heavy weights!!!  For today, I decded to mix it up a little.  It turned into a thing of beauty.  No rest between any of the ss.

Leg press machine ss
high step ups w kickback 4 X 15
Standing leg curl 4 X 10 ss
Jump squats (really reaching for the sky) 4 X 15
seated leg curl 4 X 10 ss
Very deep walking lunges with a pulse for 2 at the bottom of each
(Ok at this point I had to walk downstaris to finish on the equipment down there, my legs were seriously pumped, Perfect!)
Leg ext 4 X 10 ss
Stiff leg deadlft  4 X 15  (OK I know this is not a plyo move but it has been killing me to find out if I could do this with my wrist wraps and if it would hurt.  Yes, it did slightly, but I sucked it up and did it anyway)

Was a fun workout and felt productive.  Tomorrow is CRAZY as far as playing catch up on my cardio, AM workout with therapist, and PM workout on my own, no telling what I may try next.  Seriously I feel like a kid in a candy store. 

Have a great night ladies!

What have you done to get your fit on?  Please share with me your favorite PLYO move.  I am always looking for more to play with.  :)

2 comments:

  1. oh! i add in dead leg lifts too on plyo day!
    my fav?
    double box jumps
    jump tucks
    and lateral jump overs
    :D
    loving your attitude here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! A few months ago it was hard to get any info on others' plyo routines and now it seems the information is everywhere! :) I love plyos too! Give me some T-drills and burpees!

    ReplyDelete