"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nicole Wilkins Lee workout of the week

Yesterday I decided to try some to the workouts of the week from the muscleandfitnesshers.com site.  This is the 1st week since breaking my hand that I am splitting my upper body down into different days again.  My hand is still not healed, still hurts and of course I am not near as strong upper body wise as I was before since I have had 7 weeks of no exercise.  :(



This is Nicole's WO of the week as outlined on the site:  How it went for me is in whatever color this is
Back:
1. wide grip pullup (use assisted chin/dip if necessary): 3 sets of 10 reps
  Yes I used assisted 3 X 10

2. reverse grip T-bar row: 3 sets of 12 reps  Could NOT do reverse grip, used regular grip 3 X 10
3. one arm seated cable row with neutral grip: 3 sets of 15 reps (each arm) Liked!  3 X 15
4. close grip pulldowns: 3 sets of 12 reps  A fav of mine 3 X 12, 10, 10
5. dumbbell pullovers: 3 sets of 15 reps  Did not do as even a 25 lb DB hurt in my hand
6. pull-ups neutral grip to failure each set: 3 sets of as many as you can do!  Hand shot by this time a no go
Abs:
1-a. straight leg lifts on roman chair: 3 sets of 15
  2 X 15 ---Superset with
1-b. tuckups on each side on roman chair: 10 immediately after each set of leg lifts
  2 X 10

2. situps on decline bench: 3 sets of 25 reps  2 X 15, 10
3. plank hold on elbows with (30sec with right leg off floor, 30sec with left leg off floor) rest 30 sec between sets: 3 x 1min (as directed)  DID

I liked the workout.  It was nice to finally work back even if I had to go much lighter.  Looking forward to the other 2 workouts posted; shoulders with Erin, and legs with Ava. 
Diet was good yesterday.  Taking it one day at a time.  I figure I am maintaining competition diet 80% of the time even though I am not competing this year.  That is something I can live with for now.

Have a great Hump Day!  Keeping pumping!!!  :)

 

4 comments:

  1. I feel you on the hand... even now, 3 years after my accidnet I cant do reverse grip pulldowns or rows, it destroys my wrist. It took ALONG time to be able to even do BB curls and even now EZ bar is amuch safer bet.

    UGH!

    Glad you're back in the gym though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I know you were just itching to get back in there. Good job taking it easy and knowing your limits though too, you don't want to hurt yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a good workout! I'm going to have to buy the magazine for Erin's shoulder workout lol! I'm glad you're taking this one day at the time!

    ReplyDelete