"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday's workout (Shoulders, Chest/ tri's)

OK still trying to make up for missing Chest/tri's the other day, so today is the day!


I will do a repeat of Erin's shoulder routine followed by:
MY Wimpy Chest/Tri workout:  (Still having to baby the hand somewhat)  :)
Flat bench DB press 3 X 10
Inc. DB fly or press 3 X 10
Peck Deck 3 X 10
Pushups (decline) 3 X to failure
Overhead rope ext 3 X 10
Weighted bench dips 3 X 12

Also,
Just need to get this off my chest.......yesterday I had a few guys in my gym talk to me about competing this year...STILL.  Let me start by saying I know everyone competes or wants to compete for different reasons and they are very personal reasons.  I decided not to compete this year only after I realized there was NO way I could "win" any competition this year.  By winnig, for me I consider that the top 5.  One I do not have the size, two I just put DB's in my hand last week, third GOSH come on seriously there is no way I could "win" with everything that has happened.  Don't make me cuss here.....when you do not work your upper body for 8-EIGHT- weeks you lose size, muscle defination, and strength.  Why on earth would you encourage someone to step on stage to lose???  I get the whole do it for experience thing, but again seriously, don't you think that is quite an expensive experience???  I can promise you, NO ONE was more upset or hurt when I realized there would be no way for me to compete this year.  I cried, guys I had trained for 11 weeks at that point, so please quit talking to me about this when I see you in the gym.  I have my game plan for next year and feel I will do well with it. 

Have a great weekend!











No comments:

Post a Comment