"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, May 13, 2011

Shoulders with Erin and Legs with Ava

Today was shoulders with Miss Erin:


Seated shoulder press on SM 3 X 8
Standing front raises on cable w straight bar 3 X 10
Seated DB laterals 3 X 10
Upright row w ez bar 3 X 10
Rear delts w lying on incline bench face down 3 X 10
And
Legs with Miss Ava:
(This has to be the WORST picture of her ever!  What M&F Hers could not find a better one?)
Anyway....
BB squats 3 X 12, 10, 10 (I broke my vow to NEVER bb squat again just to do this workout)
5 minutes cardio (All 5 min cardio was incline tread)
Hack squats 3 X 15 last set to failure which was 25 for me
5 min cardio
Leg ext 3 X 10, 10, 10 last set to failure dropping half the weight 3 times
Walking lunges 3 X length of gym (was supposed to ss with ext, I forgot, did them after ext)
5 min cardio
Stiff leg DL 3 X 10 (was using 60lb DB b4 the accident so now with 20's feels like I am not even working, but that is about all my hand can stand)
Lying leg curls 3 X 10 last set to failure which was 13 for me
25 box jumps
Standing calf raises 2 X 10 (Just could not get in a 3rd set, my whole body was SHOT)

Well I must say both ladies delivered.  Both workouts are beast in themselves, much less doing them back to back.  I had to do them that way to make up for not working out Wednesday night.  I am still not caught up on my cardio Will Do, no MUST do in the morning. 

Night.

3 comments:

  1. will def do this one!! dont have leg ext machine at gym so i'll sub with leg press. how long did this w/o take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I did them together, it took me about an hour and a half. They are both good workouts. The shoulder workout would have been better if I would have been able to lift heavier, but for now it is what it is. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete