"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Research, Cruise control, Workouts, & a Peeve

Today's "blog" is going to be fairly random because well that is how my thoughts are today.  Call it however you want, but getting about 6 1/2 hours of sleep and coming off of 3 low carb days in a row has me a bit scattered.  (Please do not think I am complaining, because a really twisted part of me is LOVING it)

This week's research for me has been all about "the last week".  You know all the water intake, water cutoff, sodium issue, carb depletion, carbing up, etc...  Whatever did we do before the internet?  I have found several great articles on how to and how not to do that week.  Of course I can not say for certain how I will play it out right now, but I am heavily leaning on the least invasive safe way.  What I can tell you for certain is everyone in the industry has a different take on this and Lord knows what works for one person may or may not work for another.  So, true to form for me I am planning "run thoughs" in April to see how MY body responds. 

Here I want to say THANK YOU to those in my gym yesterday who made me feel like I am actually getting somewhere with this.  It is always a great feeling to have others confirm you are at least heading down the right track and are making visable progress.  All three mentioned cruising on in at the rate I am going.  WOW, you made my day!  (There is NO cruise control for me, just wide open)  :)  As everyone knows there are lots of people in the gym day in and day out.  Honestly, I do not notice many people.  It is not because I am snobbish or anything of the sort; it is simply because I am always in such a hurry.  I brag ALOT about a certain class of guys who work out at my gym who never cease to impress me, and please do not take this the wrong way, it is the over 40 years old crowd.  Never have I seen a class of over 40 who are in as excellent shape and can do and do do what these guys do.  Truly, it is extremely impressive and I give them props each and every time I get a chance.  Aside from my over 4o group there are a couple of younger ones I watch to see what they are doing because I am always looking to learn and these 2 guys "look" the part.  So again, THANK YOU to my guys in the gym, one who encourage me, two who give me room, and three who I learn from.

Yesterday's workout consisted of 20 min on the elliptical and 10 min incline tread in the AM.  Then in the PM I went to the gym for PLYO followed by 15 min on the step mill.  I added 2 more exercises and increased the weight to my plyo routine from last week to increase the intensity.  It is a BEAUTIFUL workout.  Hopefully going to help bring my legs out soon.

A peeve of mine I need to get cleared up......For my family who thinks I am doing this for some crazy reason because of or for Harley.  Let's just all be crystal clear, not no, but HE!! NO!  One, if you even remotely know how "hard" this is then you would have no doubts at all that someone could not ever do what I am doing for anyone other than themselves.  Two, if you know anything about me at all other than the surface level then you should know I have built up to this my entire life and I am now in a position to make it happen.  Three, Harley is very proud of me and supports me fully, but would love and support me if I decided to end this today.  He is only in this for me and helps me because I ask him to.  This is a passion we both share and one of the things that brought us together, but is not what keeps us together.  As I tell him, he is the paw paw to my maw maw.  So, please know I am doing this because it is a dream of mine since I was 15 years old.  You all know my life story and how difficult it would have been to ever do this before now with all my life drama.  I love you guys!

Now, it is a beautiful day here in the deep south.  Take advantage of it and get outside (as one of the trainers at my gym) and get moving! 

If you don't use it, you lose it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment