"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, March 28, 2011

For all my friends who support me when I have needed you most!

Hey guys, thought I would let you know I am better.  Much thanks to Harley!  He has a way with me when I am in the dumps.  Saturday morning I went to Don's and worked with my sister and cousin.  We did a PLYO routine, great sweat and lots of fun.  Then I worked with my sister on upper body before her husband completely distracted her.  I swear I am going to ban him from the gym when I work with her.  You would swear they are 16 and 17 again (after almost 20 years of marriage!  :)  Then my honey took me to eat and see a movie.  Lincoln Lawyer, very good!  Sunday morning breakfast is getting to be tradition at my house.  I try to go all out for all my babies, the only one I had this Sunday was Harley, so I catered to him.  (Missed my other babies though)  Sunday afternoon, Harley took me to my gym and DELIVERED a great leg workout.  I had fussed at him only doing 4 exercises with me for legs last week....something about I didn't feel like I had really done anything or rather I felt like I could do more.  WELL, needless to say, he said, you asked, so here you go baby.  Sometime during leg presses with 7 plates, down for 3 sec then explosive shoot to the top, I was crying out from the pain.  And just when I thought I was done, he decided to make it a drop set for complete burnout.  He has such a vicious bag of tricks and his new name is EVIL!  (Love you baby)  WE finished up or rather I finished up somehow and went on for 30 min on stepmill followed with incline tread walking/running.  (Slowly starting to love the incline tread, so many ways to make it killer)  :)

I am still in the thinking process of whether I will post progress pics this weekend.  One, I will be 14 weeks out, two, my training and diet have not been as strict as before, so not sure what to expect.  PLUS, who wants to see a 35 year old granny?  :0)  It's my BDay Saturday!  So we'll see.

Here is something I thought might inspire those of you about to compete in the next few weeks.  By the way, I am so proud of you guys and so excited for you!!!  I can not wait to read about how you nailed your competitions and to see the final pictures.  Thanks for letting me share your journey, it has been a great ride.


I just love the sheer beauty of this shot!  Her arms, obliques, and the fact that it is not "posey".

3 comments:

  1. I'm a 35 year old granny too =) Even if you don't post the pics, keep them. Watching the transformation through pictures is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heeheee! LOVE it that you totally kill the legs...or rather your evil baby helps you along the way!
    :D
    and even if you dont post pictures,still take them for your personal records.....
    and whats up with being "granny" at 35???
    only as young/old as you feel chica!!!
    OH and THANK YOU btw for your encouragement and support during my prep!!!!
    helps out so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Love this pic of Erin!!!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete