"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Saturday, March 19, 2011

100th post and 9 weeks out! (life is not always what you intended)

This is what I had prepared to post today, brfore my accident:
Going to have a cheat meat today at Buffalo Wild Wings can hardly wait!  OMG, I am going to pig out. 
Then we are all off to see Paul.


Updates on measurements and weight:
Weight:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thighs:

I hope you guys are going to have a great Saturday!

Here is what changed:

My lovely road rash

My broke hand



 And my badly bruised, swollen knees.


I went out to do some cardio yesterday in the beautiful weather, roller blading, something I have been doing since I was 16.  Here I should probably tell you yes it hurt, very bad, thought I was going to pass out several times, but when Cierra, my daughter said, but momma what about....., I had a moment of pure pain.  It really can not be put in words, just those of you who have been preparing for a show over the last 9-11 weeks knows what all flashed in my mind.  Pure frustration, hurt, anger, and more pain than I have felt in a very long time.  At the ER I tried to keep it together and kept telling myself it wasn't broke even though I knew in my heart it was without a doubt.  After several hours, the FNP came in my room and confirmed my biggest fear.  It is broke and she thinks recovery time will be 6-8 weeks.  Guys, I lost it.  Cried hard. 
Somewhere on the walk out of the hospital I thought, well my Shreveport show is out, but there is always Baton Rouge a few weeks later.........
I do not know exactly what the game plan is right now, but I will see the orthopedic doctor on Monday and depending on his plan of action, get right back to my training schedule ASAP.
I did not train any today, but did meet my sister, cousin, and a friend at Don's and walked them through a routine.  They all did well.  And yes, I did get my cheat meal at BWW and then was off to the movies.  Had a great day with my family. 

This is going to be a minor set back, nothing more. 

 

5 comments:

  1. OH NO!!!!!sending big hugs and get better faster than humanly normal vibes your way!!!!
    hoping the visit with ortho goeswell and you can be back in training faster than expected...
    BUT if not......shows will ALWAYS be there,and you can always compete at a later time...you have to get your body healed up to a place where you can still EFFECTIVLEY train...ya know?
    but i think you know that and glad you see thi as a "minor setback"....
    and off subject,but i drooled at the sight of the words BWW....
    7 more weeks untill i can pig out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry your hand is broken! You've worked so hard and are so close and this happened... I can imagine how you feel. I really hope you recover soon and get back on track.

    You should get the Isolator since you don't need your hands to get your workout done http://isolatorfitness.com/learn-more.html

    I'm glad you got your cheat meal! I love BWW wing sauces. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg you poor thing :( you have to look at the positive side - you weren't permanently disabled and you can still look after your kids and you are still alive! things could be worse. if you dont look at the positive you will do your head in. im saying that in a sympathetic voice. this sux but something worse could have happened. i dont mean to sound mean but i had to think this way over a medical situation once. no-one died, you will get better, you have your kids. hope you get better quick and things work out for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl! I'm so sorry! Circumstances come and there is always going to be another show. Sometimes I think the biggest strength we can have as a competitor is to know when to stop. I'm sending you positive thoughts for quick healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear about the accident ;o(
    there will always be other shows. sending you quick healing vibes and just know all will be well!

    ReplyDelete