"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Legs today with Harley

Harley went into the gym with me today to train me in person!  I would list the workout, but somewhere in there probably somewhere around leg pressing 6 plates for 50 reps in a row (just one of my 4 sets), I lost all brain power and function.  From that moment on I was trying to not fall over, down, puke, collapse, or pass out.  Wow, I had forgotten what it was like to have a trainer stand over me and say, no, give me 5 more, or in Harley's case, give me 30 more in 5 rep intervals.  :) 
It was by far the best leg workout I have had in a while, so he decided I have been slacking off (as if) and from now on he will be with me on Sundays to completely brutalize my legs.  How can I not love a man like that?

As my diet goes, I changed up my diet last week and after one full week I dropped 3 pounds, so per Harley's request I have taken today to carb back up.  Back to normal diet tomorrow.

My tip:
If you have not considered a trainer, beginner or veteran, I say one every now and then is a great idea.  They can help you break out of your rut or get you moving in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment