"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New workout split

Guys the ortho confirmed it is broke yesterday.  Snapped above the wrist on the 5th metacarpal.  I am ok with everything.  I have accepted it and am ready to move on.  My plans now are to compete in the state show in Lafayette July 9th, and this show is a National Qualifier!  Whoo hoo!!  Not my intention to jump to this type of show right off, but hey, who knows, like some have told me, things happen for a reason.  As I see it, at 16 weeks out, I am way ahead of the game.  My doctor even said I could modify my exercises enough to still work the muscles, but no weights in hands for at least 3 week.  At the 3 week mark he said I should be able to use machines and push open handed.  (Wow, he is exactly what I was looking for, plus he knows my gym because his son works the front counter!) 

So, with that being said here is what I will be doing until...
Sunday:  Legs weights with Harley (heavy as possible, just can not grip anything to get extra grunt power :)
Monday:  cardio (all cardio sessions are 45 min)
Tuesday:  cardio
Wednesday:  Cardio AM / Legs weights (lighter) PM
Thursday:  Bootay, Abs, and cardio
Friday:  AM cardio/ PM PLYO
Saturday:  AM Back and Chest(mostly butterflies and hypers, modify like crazy......), Abs

Diet and supplements will remain as was for now.  Only thing is I find since this happened I am craving fats; peanut butter and nuts, so I am giving in a little on this till the urge passes.  Harley said it is probably my body freaking out over all that has happened, so I am not going to deny myself an extra scoop of peanut butter and a handful of nuts if that is what it wants.  :)  Now if this continues past a couple more days, I will have to take the upper hand, but not now.  haha



Thank you guys for the well wishes, you are the best!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!
    see,just a minor set back!!!
    things DO happen for a reason!!!

    ReplyDelete