"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Weigh in today

Guys, I am pumped about weighing in today!  Crazy, I know, but I can feel changes in my body.  I am expecting about a 2lb change, but will take whatever I can get at this point.  My goal was to drop 10lbs before starting contest prep in January.  I gave myself 2 months to do it and I am still up 6 lbs as of last weigh in 10 days ago.  Honestly, the # (my weight) does not matter, other than having been a goal in my head.  The only logical thought I put behind the magic # I picked was it will be easier to run if I am packing 10 less pounds.  :)  Also, most figure women I have read about and such at my height, 5' 8" - 5'9", usually finish off for a show around 135-138lbs.  
And because I said I would always mention this.....I measured this morning and again my hips are down, my waist and legs have not moved.  Good to know some of my aspirin is coming off, I have plenty to spare. :) My waist is at 27.5 and I do not think it will get any smaller until I add serious cardio.  My goal is to have my waist at least 26" if not smaller by the show.  I do not have a magic # for my legs in mind as long as they are nicely toned and tight, I do not care what they measure.

Just a brief aside:  Someone mentioned to me that they were very unhappy about their weight and shape yesterday, but that they were going to cruise on through the holidays and get started at the 1st of the year.  Why, oh why, would you wait to improve your health???  I understand the holidays and such are upon us, but every little bit helps.  Why not start now and allow yourself a cheat meal or two over the holidays to get you through.  Is that not better than nothing?

Good Luck with all of your health, diet, and exercise plans!  We all need it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment