"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Listen to your body

Starting somewhere around Friday, I started feeling bad.  No time to slow down, I worked one job all day and another all night and got back up Saturday and worked all day.  Sunday, is clean house day, so no rest again.  I fought the urge to workout all day Sunday, listened to my body and decided I needed to rest more than my back and bi's needed the workout.  Monday I called in sick because I had not slept any Sunday night and my body was bottoming out.  Monday I laid around, carbed up bigtime (healthy carbs), and rested.  Again fighting the urge to go workout and deciding my body needed to rest more.  Today I woke up feeling MUCH better and glad to have taken the time off to rest and let my body repair.

Moral of the story:  There is a time to work through whatever obstacle your body throws at you and a time to listen to your body and rest.  Learn the difference.  My mom used to tell me "your burning the candle at both ends and it will catch up with you".  It always does, take care of your investment, so it can take care of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment