"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A little better

Some good news!!!  Yesterday when I got to the gym I weighed in and I was 2 lbs lighter!  (6.5 lbs from my Jan. 1 goal) This was a bit of a shock for me as my diet has been thrown off due to not going grocery shopping on time.  I was eating more carbs and fats than I should have been vs my protiens.  Again, Harley said it was because of my calorie intake being higher.  Well lets review my calories over the last week, up till yesterday at weigh in.......1393, 2054, 1211, 1461, 1628, 1720, 1824 =11,291 calories for the week with an average of 1,613.  I really struggle to get my calories to 2,000 and when I run out of my "protiens" it is very difficult.  My measurements are still decreasing and my body is holding onto the muscle tone, at least in my upper body.  Again, my legs are taking forever, pitiful woman's curse!  
Now, let me clear something up.  Yes, I am trying to lose weight, rather fat deposits all over my body.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  So if you are new to weight lifting it is possible for you to hold your weight or not lose weight as rapidly as you think you should.  Fat weighs less than muscle, but takes up more room.  That is why you will always hear me mention my measurements.  It means much more to me to see my measurements decrease than my weight decrease.   
My overall goal is perfect lean muscle symmetry with little to no body fat.      

No comments:

Post a Comment