"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, December 17, 2010

Every Decision Has A Consequence

I designed this blog to give you the real story behind my journey, so with all other thoughts aside, I gained a 1/2 lb over the last 10 days.  Harley and I sat on the couch last night and discussed the possibilities of how or why this happened.  Harley believes it is because I am not consuming enough calories, I am averaging 1650 per day.  I believe that even though I have maintained 3 weight training days per week and got in my days last week and will again this week, there was a 7 day period between my last workout and yesterday's workout.  Also, I have let myself run out of my usual foods and protein powder over the last couple of days and I think my diet suffered slightly because of it.

So here are my lessons learned:  Yes, I know I need to be training more than 3 days per week, but that is what I agreed with myself to do in the pre prep cycle of my journey.  Those 3 days need to be closer together or rather less time passing between workout sessions.  7 days between is unacceptable, who cares if I was sick or tired, this must come first.  The workouts need to be closer together because when you work out with weights your body will continue to burn calories for a period of time afterwards.  Therefore keeping your metabolism kicking and burning more than you would at a normal resting rate.  So as soon as it slows down you are right back in the gym getting it kicked up again.  Also, I am seeing how tough it will be for me to eat a proper training diet.  I think I will have two grocery lists.  One for the fam and one that coinsides with all my receipts and meals for the next 2 weeks.

Better the lesson be learned now instead of later when I will not have time to make up from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment