"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, April 11, 2011

State Show & Shout Out

Guys, try as hard as I might, I can not seem to get excited about doing this show!  It is really very frustrating.  I know how crazy excited I was to do my other "planned" show before I broke my hand and now that I am so restricted on workouts, I find I am not remotely motivated to do this other show.  At 13 weeks out, I should be in full ready status, but I am not.  I keep looking for motivation, but can not seem to spark anything.  This morning I even thought if I can not get excited, then why would I bother to do it?  My hand is much better, but still NO WHERE ready to lift a dumbbell, even a light one.  The only thought keeping me in this right now is "wait and see".  Maybe in ANOTHER week (seems like I have been saying that forever) my hand will be better and I can lift and then I will be excited again.


On another more positive note, during this "down time" I have been working my legs 5 days a week plus cardio.  There is more definition in my legs than I have ever had.  This I am happy about.  Although yesterday my legs were so tired.....imagine that!  So instead of my normal all out killing it leg workout on Sunday, I took it kind of light and only did leg curls and leg extensions for 6 sets.


Every fiber of my being that can be crossed is crossed in hopes of being able to lift by this weekend.  I don't care even if it is a 5 lb dumbbell, I will take that!


I want to give a huge shout out to Tenecia with Boobs, Barbells, and Broccoli.....I have enjoyed reading and following your progress and am looking forward to hearing the results of your show this weekend!  You are looking amazing and your heart is all in.  The judges will be impressed.  Take care and Best of LUCK!!!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for a fast healing on your hand. So proud of you! :) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great!
    Hope your hand gets better!
    Git it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm playing blog catch-up and your shout-out was an incredible thing to read as I sit here in my hotel, one day out from my show!

    I appreciate you joining me on my journey and I will be following you on your's because you ARE going to step on that stage!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete