"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, April 25, 2011

Pulling Out

With a lot of thought and talking with Harley, I have decided to pull out of any competitions in Louisiana this year.   Of course my broke hand was the biggest factor in this decision.  Being 11 weeks out and still not able to lift dumbbells or even think about a bar that limits my training too much.  My biggest concern even before I broke my hand was that I would not have the size I needed to win.  I am 5'8.5", but I have a small bone structure and it will take time to build the muscle mass I need in order to win, therefore a true off season.  Tomorrow morning I start therapy for my hand and hope to see improvements quickly, but I am sure it will be a wait and see game.  
To be honest, I feel a little numb making this decision right now.  My thought is to continue blogging about the journey of off season.....training.....diet.......cardio or not........going to see shows......research.........so that for this next year I can build the most amazing body I am capable of and enter next season with complete faith that I gave it all I have.  100% and no looking back.


  

8 comments:

  1. Awe Im so sorry to hear that you wont able to compete this year :-( However once that hand gets better your going to be like a MACHINE in the gym so those girls in LA better watch out!!! lol XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a tough decision but there will ALWAYS be another show. Get yourself better and back on track and enjoy the building process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay. There will always be a show. You know what, I went through this the past 6 months with car accident injuries. I was devastated that I was not going to compete, and felt like a failure... but I am prepping now and I am mostly better. Once your hand gets better, you can assess if you still want to compete. It just takes time and rest and rehab....it sucks because I know you have drive to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that the greatest strength a competitor can have is to know when to stop. As competitors we want to compete so badly, its our nature. But you are making the smartest decision for you, and I'm proud of you for that. Keep on that diet, and your body will continue to transform. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know your limitations and why go up there on stage if you don't feel 100%, you know? There will always be shows you can do, get healthy and keep the offseason workouts up and you'll be that much better next time around! Hang in there, you made the right decision for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. have to agree with what everyone else is saying.
    althougfh i would love to tell you to push ahaead full steam and keep going,you have to do what is right for YOU and what you are comfortable with going in to a show.
    shows will always be there,you need this time to let your body heal the way it needs to before you can train the way you need to......
    so just hang in there,enjoy the "off season" if there is such a thing...
    you better still be blogging cause i want to follow you along this journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the smartest thing you can do is listen to your body and looks like you're doing that already. The off season is as much fun as the on season in my opinion. Building those muscles and seeing your lifts increase in the gym is a very powerful feeling. The contest prep and dieting is just the icing on the cake. ENJOY & embrace your new goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lacey said it perfectly! You have one body - do everything in your power to take care of it so you can do the things you desire (like compete)!

    T.

    ReplyDelete