"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, April 27, 2012

Thoughts of science

{Diet}
The pics I posted yesterday after inspection are exactly what I thought, more of the same.  That puts me back to the drawing board.  All morning carbs and fats have been weighing on my mind.  You know, the what to do with them dilemma.  If I cut the last 25 gm of carbs out of the last meal of the day that will cut me 700 calories a week.  Well we know it takes cutting 3500 calories to lose one pound.  So just cutting 700 calories will not get me there.  Next comes my fats......I am for sure pulling the fat out of my noon meal.  By doing that I will cut another 441 calories per week.  Now I am up to a loss of 1,141 calories, and honestly these are such small changes to my diet I will probably not even feel it......Or so I say now.  :) 
{Next let's talk cardio}
I am getting in about 1 1/2 hours a week if I am completely honest with myself.  Let's say I burn 300 calories per 1/2 hour of cardio, sometimes more, but we will say 300 to keep the math simple.  I need to add in approximately (5) 45 minute sessions a week to get my body to burn an extra 2250 calories per week.  Making my total calorie loss/burn 3,391.  This plan should have me dropping about a pound a week.  Honestly, you guys know I could care less about the pounds, it is the measurements for me.  So after this week I plan to share my measurements with you to see if my "plan" worked. 
{The good news}
I have been slacking in the cardio arena because I will have to get up in the morning and leave my babies sleeping to drive to the gym.  My girls are perfectly old enough to stay by themselves(14 & 16), just I have issues leaving them in the morning while they are still sleeping.  So, my cardio has been suffering.  Well now I have someone giving me a huge industrial treadmill that they used in their treatment facility.  While my poor bedroom will be taking a hit with a huge dinosaur in the room, my cardio no longer has any excuse.  Yay!!!!!
{Mindset}

No comments:

Post a Comment