"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How bad do you want it?

My office is a great place to work.  We have a relaxed atmosphere, maybe a little too relaxed.  We celebrate each other's birthdays, we bring our "extra" food up here to share, we buy food for each other to "just try", etc....  But Lord, does it take some will power some days to walk past ALL the goodies.

Normally I am OK with saying no to all, but with my metabolism speeding up lately to where I am starving 30 min to and hour after I eat and it is another 2 hours before I can eat again...........Well, it sucks! 

Here are a few land mines my office produces:


This is what is left of a container FULL of snack size candy bars......


Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies EVERY morning!


Popcorn just about EVERY afternoon.  I wish i could attach a scratch n sniff to this picture just so you would know how hard it is to resist. 


What is left of a gallon size ziplock bag of assorted muffins......just imaging brownie bottom, Reese's peanut butter middle topped with chocolate chip cookie.....The madness never ends! 


It must be time for our office momma to go shopping because it is normally full, but you get the hint, yep, every soda, juice, or tea you could crave.


Even though I am not competing this year, I have decided to diet and train like I am.  So ALL of these goodies are off limits to me.  (What the hell was I thinking)   Crazy much?!!  I am determined to keep things going till I start to add more muscle again in October.  (Seems like forever)

So I leave you with this.....There is nothing you can put in your mouth that is worth how it will make you feel.  Nor is there any amount of cardio you can do to "work off" the extra calories, it DOES NOT work that way.

1 comment:

  1. My office is full of yummy, tasty, freshly baked land mines too :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete