"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy 1 Year Blogger Birthday....A look back

Here is a look back through the year.....these are direct quotes and pictures from my blog......It has been quite a year, Enjoy!



"I am starting this site for those who are interested in watching my journey in Figure competition."

"I HAVE TWO FOLLOWERS!!!  I am soooo excited!" 


Hopefully, you did not fall off the wagon during Thanksgiving.  It was tough for me and I did not do as well with my diet as I had thought, but today is a new day and it is time to move on.  So, if you slipped a little or alot during the holiday, jump back on and let's do this thing.  :)



"Harley you are hands down the best trainer EVER!! "


(The shortest I have ever cut my hair)

Slow and steady....I have lost 14 lbs since starting this.  Harley said he thinks I can go another 10 to 15 before my show.   That would put me at 123 to 128, on my 5' 8 1/2" frame.  We will see, but the main thing is now I can see that I am holding onto my muscle, in fact still gaining, and losing the fat layer on top of the muscle.  Quite happy right now because this gives me a goal to work towards.  :)

(Right before I broke my hand)

Then....

" At the ER I tried to keep it together and kept telling myself it wasn't broke even though I knew in my heart it was without a doubt.  After several hours, the FNP came in my room and confirmed my biggest fear.  It is broke and she thinks recovery time will be 6-8 weeks.  Guys, I lost it.  Cried hard."



Integrated Conditioning
(See video)

"IF IT IS A PRIORITY IN YOUR LIFE YOU WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN."




Nicole Wilkins Lee workout of the week

Are you drinking the amount of water
you should drink every day? 

"5.25 pounds!!  I made my goal!  It took a double round of cardio yesterday and a tight diet, but it paid off.  :)"
(Florida for vacation this past summer)


"The only thing I can compare it to is like giving birth.  It was so painful and trying during, but the pain and agony was quickly forgotten once my belly was full and I was in the comfort of my home."
(The hike from Hell as they all call it)


Here is the site for the diet I have been reading Eat Right For Your TypeTry to find time to check it out especially if you already know your blood type.



"Never does one feel oneself so utterly helpless
as in trying to speak comfort for great bereavement.
I will not try it.
Time is the only comforter for the loss of a mother.
- Jules Renard"



"You didn't get out of shape and unhealthy overnight, and you won't get fit and healthy overnight - despite what the infomercials tell you"




Diet and Physical Activity: What’s the Cancer Connection?





Guys, this 1st year of blogging has taught me so much.  I can not thank the lovely ladies who blog with me enough for sharing all of their knowledge, experiences, lessons, and motivation.  You guys have really made this something I look forward to every day.  For those that follow along with my blog, thank you!  Many times you have been my drive to do what I do, my accountability.  I am looking forward to another great year of posts with several ideas already in store.

I will leave you with my office computer desktop pic...I think it says it all.
 



2 comments:

  1. great recap!!!!!! inspiring and a great thing to save for the future! well done!

    ReplyDelete