"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chest and Tri's

Yesterday's workout was chest and tri's.  Chest has never been a favorite of mine.  Tri's though I love.  So it is kind of a love hate relationship and why I continue to stack them together. 
It went a little something like this:
Giant set of:
Inc db press
flat db press
2 hand db overhead ext
Bench dips (feet up of course)  3 rounds
then....
Peck deck ss w/
Tricep pushups (have not done these in a while, they felt good) 3 rounds
followed by a
1 mile run &
10 minutes on the step mill

Not a big day or anything way impressive, but a nice get back in the gym after too much turkey day. 

Something that has been bothering me lately is my lack of noteworthiness.  It seems like I am just floating along.  I go through the moves, but I am not impressing myself anymore.  Of course it is not rocket science, I know what is going on, but I fight getting out of the bed at 5:00 am to go for that 32 degree run.  This is something me, myself, and I are going to have to come to grips with real soon.  I realize for the fat girl in me that my bed is toasty warm with the perfect hint of snuggles, but the fit girl in me needs to have her aspirin running up and down the street, so she won't hate herself in the morning.  Weights and a somewhat decent diet is not cutting it.  I need a tougher diet and mo' cardio! 

I need to print this and frame it beside my alarm clock:




2 comments:

  1. You know I am a chest girl and i hate tris which is why I put them together so funny how we all love to work out different body parts huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why I wish I worked out by myself. I could pair chest with something that I like.

    Love the "no excuses"!

    ReplyDelete