"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Decision

I have made the decision to drop 5 lbs off my weight and make that my new "comfort zone".  Currently I am 150lbs at 5'8.5".  Let me clarify here, I do not feel overweight, fat, or any other negative isms, this is mostly a decision to force help me do more cardio and tighten up my diet a tad.  Currently I do one cardio session a week and I would like to see that increase to about 2-3.  My diet for the most part is VERY CLEAN, but I think where I have been messing up or rather a bit lax is in portion control.  It does not matter if the are healthy cookies (really not a cookie at all in any sense of the word) from Enlightened Cooking's blog, 4 a night are just too many!  Can I get an AMEN!  Guys, I did this right before I left to go on vacation in anticipation of gaining it all back over vacation as most do.  I know I am capable of losing it, I just need to get my "house" in order to hold it there once I am there.

Here are a few of my selfish reasons why I am doing this:
  1. Fit my jeans better, I hate snug jeans! 
  2. Tighten my rear a bit more.
  3. Abs will be more visible, Yaaaa!
  4. 145 sounds better than 150!  Purely a woman thing.
  5. PLYO will be easier.
  6. Harley's hands will fit around my waist easier.  :)
  7. My hard earned muscle will show more definition when a few pounds of water/fat is not sitting on top of them.
  8. My boobs will shrink some and my shirts will fit a little better.
  9. I won't feel the need to layer clothing to hide any "bloat" I may have.
  10. When I dance around my kitchen while baking I will feel sexier!  (Actually this is the #1 reason!!)

PLUS I already have the perfect picture picked out to post when I meet my goal, just wait it is the best ever!

And I leave you with this thought:


4 comments:

  1. love that quote at the end! and i love all your reasons to lose that 5lbs!!!(#10!!!)
    you can do this,easy peasy cause your just cool like that!!
    :D
    and thank you btw for the kind words my blog the past few posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3, 4, and 7 are on my list for dropping poundage too! :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, count me in. So the goal is 145 for me too....how long do we have to accomplish this? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. KD, I am shooting for Nov 17th..... Let me know how you do. ;)

    ReplyDelete