"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, November 4, 2011

Beastly Legs

This workout is in part from Nicole Wilkins in the new Fitness RX mag.......I can not tell you if I have repeated it completely as my little dog tee'd on it before I could write it down. 
So, from memory here is what I did:  (trust me if she has more I could not have done it because this was bad enough)
Walking lunges 15, 20, 25lb DB's
Step ups 15,20,25 lb DB's for 10-12 each leg
Leg Press 4 plates total 3 X 25 (let's say the pain started here)
Stiff Leg DL w DB's 30, 40, 50 lbs for 12
Lying Leg Curls 3 X 8-10 w 65, 70, 75 lbs
Leg Ext 3 X 30, not a typo, yes 90 reps total! (OMG!!!!)  This is the one I want to bitch I mean, chat about.  (WTH NICOLE!)  The idea here was to drop 10 lbs of weight every 10 reps.  Ok I get and know the idea of the drop set, but nothing prepared me for this.  I am not even embarrassed to tell you that on my very last 10 of 30 I was using 15lbs and was about to cry from the pain.  Girls, you want a serious pump, the sort that you leave the gym fearing your legs will buckle under you and your head will smack the pavement, give this one a spin.  Needless to say I will be doing it again! 

Heavy and reps = Beast.  Loved it!

 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! love it!!!!!!

    oh and thank you for sending that quote my way!!!

    i do hope you are able to walk tomorrow,you beast,you!!!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete