"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Sunday, March 18, 2012

No pictures needed

This afternoon as I unloaded my dishwasher for the 3rd time, it hit me that I enjoy the days where I unload the dishwasher 3 times the most.  Not the loading and unloading, but what that means as far as the amount of dishes I have used that day and why.  Sometimes on Sundays, my mom, sister, bro-in-law, and nephew come over to eat.  Generally that means a ton of prep work for me because I like my house to be cleaner than normal, everything to be ready when they get here.  This morning I was up at 6:30 just so that when they all got here I would be able to sit down with them and just enjoy our time.  Both of my daughters were home and Harley was here so I had a full house and heart.  My bro-in-law made us homemade pizza and I made two different types of chicken plus dessert.  Sounds bad, but all the dishes were fairly healthy and since it was our carb up day, really not to bad at all.  The food was delicious, and the company was just what I needed.  Life often gets so busy, that I forget to stop and make time for those who are most important to me, my family.  Today was all about making time for them and I LOVED it.  I am so blessed to have the best daughters in the world, a sweet boyfriend, the best sister ever, a mom who loves me unconditionally, a very uncharacteristic talkative nephew, and as I have always said a bro-in-law who takes the cake.  :)  I love them all!

Thank you God for a great day, it was just what I needed!

3 comments:

  1. awwwww! gotta love and cherish those moments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day to me too! I'm so glad you see that you cherish those simple moments for what they are... to have the people we love around us is the best gift we could ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love this and I totally agree. Enjoy the time with family, I sure miss living close to mine!

    ReplyDelete