"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Hike

Monday after all the rain had cleared out and the "cool" front had moved in I decided to take my girls and Harley on a hike.  I will say here I should have known better......on 4 wheelers the trail takes an easy 4 hours, and that is some hard riding.  Well we got there about 10:30 and started out.  The pics I am going to post were all taken within the 1st two hours of starting the hike because if I had even mentioned picture after that all three would have strangled me.  When it took an hour and a half to reach the 1st bridge something in me said we should turn around and go back the way we came, but no we pressed on.  At 2:15 I was getting slightly worried, at 2:30 I was seriously worried, and by 2:45 I was almost in panic mode.  Luckily I found some other people who were in a truck off the main path and asked them how they got in.  Harley said he knew I was worried at this point because I was walking really fast.  Guys I have been 4 wheeler riding in that area MANY times, but never hiking.  What I thought would be a leisure 2-3 hour hike turned into a 5 hour miserable trek.  Keep in mind I never said a word to any of them how worried I was or that I had blisters on my feet and my knee was due to give out at any point.  I knew it would worry or scare them more.  So I walked way ahead of them and never said a word.

We did eventually find our way out thanks to the nice guy and a couple of wildlife enforcements.  I ran the last 1/2 mile to the car and drove back to the others to pick them up.  Harley said he wanted pizza and I did not have the heart to tell him no after what they had just gone through.

The only thing I can compare it to is like giving birth.  It was so painful and trying during, but the pain and agony was quickly forgotten once my belly was full and I was in the comfort of my home.  :0)










1 comment:

  1. Hey Ma'am I would like to have went with ya'll. It looks like you had a good walk

    ReplyDelete