"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blood Type Diet

Hey guys, thought I would catch you up....
I have been looking into the blood type diet this week.  Still waiting on 2 more books that will hopefully help me tie it all together.  So far this is not your "normal" diet which I must say I like.  Rather it really is not a diet at all in my opinion.  "Diets", which I do not do, tell you what to eat, when to eat it, and how much to eat.  This takes into account your blood type, of course hince the name, and says there are certian foods, spices, etc... that generally do not work for people with your blood type and why.  Thank the Lord I am type O, so I can handle all the meat you can put in front of me, it is just the wheat products that will wreck havoc with my digestion.  Strangely, I knew this already, but ignored it I guess.  I continued to eat wheat when I felt like it and paid dearly for about 3 days afterwards every time.  Don't get me started on the "sugar alcohols"!  Why does it take being put in black and white with scientific backing before we will even consider eliminating it from our diet.  And even once eliminated, we will cheat with it.....UGH!!
So anywho, it has been going great all week until this morning I tried a piece of ezekiel bread, which is on my allowed list, and it threw me for a loop.  Now I have a $5 loaf of bread in my fridge I can not eat.  Just proves, this is not total rocket science, nor completely foul proof. 
Plus, I have not even touched on the genotype part, still need to do more reading, but what I read so far is crazy accurate for me the hunter!
I will let you know how more of this plays out as I go.
Let me leave you with this.......as I was getting dressed for work this morning and thinking how I look so bloated, while not as bad as Monday morning, but still a little pooch, my youngest daughter walked into the bathroom with me.  She looked at me and said mom, I am going to have abs like you one day.  Need I tell you how that made me feel.  here I was thinking I look like a huge pile of ____ and she wants abs like me!

Children are something else!

Here is the site for the diet I have been reading Eat Right For Your TypeTry to find time to check it out especially if you already know your blood type.


2 comments:

  1. Its interesting, Ive sort of tried it with the help of my first coach for the first comp. Made some sense but not something Ive stuck to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete