"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, August 1, 2011

Water

I got this in an email this morning and can't help but share:
WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
the computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
bladder cancer.



Are you drinking the amount of water
you should drink every day? 

5 comments:

  1. I also read that 90% of Americans mistake thirst for hunger! I read that in Time magazine a while ago. Mmm, I'm thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more people would pay attention to this! I drink 3-4 liters a day and know that's not enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was TERRIBLE last week with my water consumption - this is a nice reminder of what it's important for me to drink all of my H2O!! :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the water reminder, as well. Sometimes it's a challenge for me to get it all in. Actually, it's annoying to always have to be using the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was awful this past week with water while on vacation. I did feel like a fish out of water but it was hard finding bathrooms while travelling. happy to be back home and on my routine.

    ReplyDelete