"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stress

This week has been particularly stressful for me.  I will not go into details as I do not believe in "putting it all out there" and that I always think others have it much worse than me and I should not even feel the way I do....... This morning I barely avoided a breakdown, I got a bit teary in my closet this morning when I could find NOTHING to wear.  (Why is it when the world feels like it is crashing down that we women can not find ANYTHING to wear???)  I am really saying that very tongue in cheek.  So while I had one foot on the banana peel slipping off into a full on pity party and my hands clutched tightly to the rod in my closet for support, it hit me as it always does that this I am feeling is but temporary and I should suck it up and be thankful for ALL I have.  This life is throwing its punches and will continue to, but as long as I can keep my eye on what is important it will all work itself out and make me a stronger person for it.
While I know all of you did your "I am thankful for" list a while back, I am just now getting to mine.  In the midst of telling myself to be strong and stop crying to pull it together this morning here are the reasons I continue...
God...I do not claim to be religious or even a christian at best, but I do believe in prayer and the one who has always been there for me when no one else has.  My father, friend, confidant, saviour forever.


My beautiful, healthy, smart, well rounded daughters that I grow more proud of every day.  They give me joy, love, laughter, and support.  They are growing up way to fast, but I enjoy watching them become the little ladies they are.


Their 1st Virgin Daiquiri.


My Harley.....my rock, comfort, support.  (enough said)




My lil puppy and kitty, Rambo and TK.  Cute, sweet, aggravating :) but always around to love on me when needed. 



Thanks guys for giving me an outlet to get it off my chest, for your encouragement, and all of your blogs that you never know how they reach out to me.



5 comments:

  1. ***hugs***
    being sent your way!
    i do hope things in your life settle down some for you!
    just keep doing what your doing-being thankful for things you do have and for things that are going "right"...
    you are one strong woman,and you have that inner strenghth to get through anything that life throws at you!
    and are smart enough to learn when to swerve and when to make lemonade!
    hang in there!
    warm,positive vibes being sent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Crystal! You hang in there and like you said, keep your eyes on what is important.
    Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl!! you are an inspiration. Hang in there all will pass. Sending prayers.. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending positive thoughts & hugs your way! Hang in there!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this. I hope you're feeling better. I have those days too and you're right, it could always be worse. Take care.

    ReplyDelete