"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jaime Baird's workout of the week


Great workout.  I modified slightly with the weights to make it work better for me and enjoyed the change up.



Jaime Baird's Leg Shaping Workout!
--Leg Superset #1--
4 x 20 Leg extensions (weight 45 lbs)
superset
4 x 20 Narrow squats with
dumbbells (weight 15 lbs)
--Leg Superset #2--
4 x 20 Hamstring curls (weight 55 lbs)
superset
4 x 20 Good mornings (weight 30 lbs)

--Leg Superset #3--
4 x 20 Leg press (weight 140 lbs)
superset
4 x 30 Calf press on leg press machine (weight 140 lbs)

--Leg Superset #4--
4 x 15 (each leg), Walking lunges with dumbbells (weight 15 - 20lbs)
superset
4 x 20 Switch lunge with
medicine ball (weight 10 lbs)
superset
4 x 20 Cable kick backs for glutes and hamstrings (weight 50 - 60 lbs)

Was a sweaty mess when I finished and woke up this morning pleasantly sore.  I am normally a creature of habit with sets of 3's, so sets of 4's was a good little change up for me.

Have a great day!  Remember to smile even when you don't feel like it, you never know who could use yours.


5 comments:

  1. sounds like an excellent leg workout! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I think I'm gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep doing that one tonight - thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did it last night and could barely move today - unreal !!!!! where did you get it from - would love to do an arms/chest workout of hers ........ thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pulled that one off of the Muscle and Fitness Hers website. Go check it out they have several and they post a new one just about every week. I have done them all and they are all great. (Except this last booty one)
    P.S. I was sore for 2 days after that workout. Love the sets of 4, really made a difference.

    ReplyDelete