"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, December 12, 2011

What am I eating this week??

I must admit I do get tired of chicken.  Even though I change up recipes regularly, (about every 2-3 months), I get to where I can not stand the smell of it and I know it's time.  For this week I will be adding a lot more tuna to my diet for a change up.  Starting yesterday I had my tuna boats, should have taken a pic, but didn't think about it.  I make my tuna very simply......tuna, boiled eggs, and mustard.  Mix it all together and spoon it onto romaine lettuce hearts.  Love it!  Very clean.  Hopefully tonight I will get to try Chelle's Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes from Recipe For Fitness By Chelle.  It sounds DE-Lish!  Hope it is.  Later in the week I plan to do more turkey mini meat loafs.  Another current FAV of mine.  A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

On top of throwing out the chicken for this week, I have decided to throw a few carbs out too.  Starting this week I am going to carb cycle.  My thought is on Monday, Thursday, and Friday will be very low carb days, around 20-30 gr.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday will be moderate carb days, around 80-100ish.  Sunday will be my free for all......  Just wanting to get back in the swing of things.  Not really obsessing over measurements, but keeping an eye to portions. 

Here is a pic of what my cat looks like as soon as he hears me break out the can opener.  :)


Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's freaky how similar we are (except the cat)! :)

    I enjoyed the carb cycling, it was nice not having to measure every little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same when I read your blog... Like a sister half way around the world. :)

    ReplyDelete