"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, October 17, 2011

Newest Chicken Recipe

People ask what I eat and why.  Most of the people I talk to the biggest pitfall I notice in their diet is the lack of protein.  It always amazes me to find the "average" person may not even consume 50 grams of protein a day.  Wow!  Of course their carbs are off the charts and fats right along with the carbs.  Just like everyone else, I do not have time to cook a meal every night of the week, so I find ways to prepare my foods ahead of time and store them for later.  Which leads me to my newest chicken recipe.  I say my newest because I have to change it up pretty often to keep getting it down.   

Here ya go:
I buy boneless, skinless chicken brests in the 5-6 lb range.  Not sure what chickens these brests are coming off of, I know I would not want to meet one of them in a dark alley, so I cut each brest in half and put about 4-6 pieces in a gallon size zip lock bag.  (Keep in mind I am not in a competition mode right now, so I really do not measure or weigh anything)  Along with the chicken I will pour in about 1/4 cup of olive oil, about 1& 1/2 tbsp of cayanne pepper, 1 tsp paprika, and 2 tbsp Tuscan  or Carribean Mrs. Dash seasoning.  Seal the bag and squish it all around.  Put it in the fridge over night and then cook as needed, generally in the morning as I am getting ready for work. 

Lots of people want to know how I eat so much dry chicken, my answer is I don't.  I can not choke done dry tasteless chicken, I refuse!  This chicken is so juicy and tasty.  And it will stay that way for days after cooking. 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment