"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A little pop

Yesterday was leg day for me.  I had planned it perfect with the girls both being busy to give me time to play. 

So here is the workout:
Leg ext 2 X 10 & 1 X drop set to failure
Leg press  2 plates for 20 reps
                 4 plates for 15
                 6 plates for 10
                 8 plates for 6
DB step ups 3 2 X 10 (on the 2nd set I felt a huge "pop" in my back, scared me, hurt like crazy, but no way I was stopping, will explain more in a few)
Modified with: 1 X walking lunges with double dips
Lying leg curls 2 X 10 & 2 X drop sets to failure
10 min on step mill

Honestly this workout contained a bit more that I had to put off.  I still had 3 sets of box jumps and 3 sets of switch jumps to go, but when my back popped, there was no way those things were going to happen.  When I got in my car to drive to pick up Hannah it was hurting so bad I thought I might pass out while driving.  I got home, took a pain pill, fixed up a hot bath with epsom salts, soaked, took a sleeping pill, hoping it would just knock me out and I wouldn't feel the pain, and went to bed on a ice pack.

So much for a beautiful leg day, but I am hopefully going to be better by Saturday so I can have a repeat.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good workout. I sure hope your back is ok, that would have scared me too!

    ReplyDelete