"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, June 13, 2011

Say no to twizzlers

Why, oh why, do we put forth all the effort in the gym just to kill the hard work with a lazy weekend diet?  My problem is never Monday through Thursday, it is Friday evening through Sunday.  Especially Sunday evening.  I can not say it enough, I have GOT to get back to preparing my meals ahead of time even through the weekend.  In the gym today I was sweating and huffing and thinking, why am I killing it in the gym just to shove multiple twizzler's in my mouth at a movie?  Or family get together foods just because it is convenient? 
I have to realize what I put in my body should be for fuel purposes only, not for enjoyment.  My enjoyment should come from seeing the changes in my body due to the diet and exercise.

I must keep in mind that just because I am not getting ready for a competition and have a dead line, each and every day I AM preparing to be the best I can be.  Why must my only concern be what I look like on stage?  I want to look great every day!  I know what it takes, now I have to do it!!! 


2 comments: