"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Regret

How come we all know to do the right thing, but choose not to?  We know we will regret it later or in my case almost instantly, so why do we make decisions that do this to us?  I tell myself I am going to get up in the morning and go workout, so my day will go more smoothly.  I lay out all my clothes, socks, shoes, gloves, and even the workout I intend to do, then reset the alarm as soon as it goes off and tell myself I can just go workout in the evening.  When will I learn my life would be so much better for going to workout 1st thing in the morning? 
Let's count the ways:
  1. No crowded equipment!
  2. More energy though out the day!
  3. Can take my time!
  4. Get my workout checked off my list of to do's so I have more time for other things after work!
  5. Not as hot in the gym!
  6. No one to interrupt my workout with gibber gabber!
  7. Would not have to change clothes in the gym, so no packing my gym bag or changing in a small cramped bathroom stall!
  8. Could have my delicious breakfast shake right as I wake up instead as I am leaving for work!
  9. No distracting behavior from fellow gym crew!
  10. Can go home and immediately shower afterwards!

So what is my problem (excuse) again???  LAZY!!!  One more hour or hour and a half of sleep is not going to make or break me.  I might think it will, but ultimately after I reset the alarm, I bet I lay in bed for about 10-15 minutes thinking I should get up and go anyway, so now I have lost only about an hour of sleep.  What is more important?  Easy answer! 

3 comments:

  1. Gurl we have all done it. But once you get up, get dressed and get there you feel so great!!! I love my 5am morning workouts so much that it pisses me off that my gym doesn't open till 8am on sat and sun which throws off my whole eating schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hear people say they have more energy throughout their day if they workout in the mornings... but I am the opposite! I'm always dragging by mid-morning if I workout. Alas, I still do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just kicked my butt for me. lol! I so struggle with this. You know...sleep is precious. I tell myself I'll work out in the evening and then I end up doing something else. Thanks for this reminder. I should read this EVERY morning to get me more motivated. NO EXCUSES.

    ReplyDelete