"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Life's Priorities

Life for me is busy.  Isn't it for all of us though?  Show me a single person these days with a job and family who is not.  Yesterday I got to sit and talk with a woman I truly admire and she wanted to talk about fitness.  :)  She has no time to workout.  As she is married, has 3 children, and a very demanding "job", she finds her fitness is put on the back burner.  She wants to do something, talked about bootcamps, but can not seem to find the time.  Of course I suggested for her to get up an hour earlier and go to the gym to knock it out before her family life begins.  What really struck me after the conversation was over and I thought about it later was IF IT IS A PRIORITY IN YOUR LIFE YOU WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN.  This is so true of everything.  Think about our children's schedules and the things we do for them.  If we did not have children we would simply say, "I don't know how you do all of that with your kids or where you find the time", or if we weren't prepping for a contest who among us would do 2-a-days on a very regular basis?  We make time for our children, our church, our volunteer groups, our husbands, our friends, our pets, our home, etc...all because those things or some of those things are a priority to us. 

Should your health not be a priority?  If your health goes, think of all that will go with it.  Are you willing to lose all of those things?

I'm not. 

Sometimes you have it.


Sometimes you don't.



But you still do it.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You are right on when you said "Should your health not be a priority? If your health goes, think of all that will go with it. Are you willing to lose all of those things?". I love that and I think so many people need to think of that exact quote when they think about skipping that next training session at the gym or eating a second helping of cake...

    ReplyDelete