"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Monday, July 30, 2012

Cutting fats

Just a quick note here- for the longest I have been "eating clean" with the occasional cheat........  Mostly what that meant for me was controlling my carb intake and having all the protein and fats pretty much I wanted.  With me being forever in the search of what I can do day in and day out with no serious effort, measuring, obsessing, etc... on my part, because let's face this, my diet for me is what I eat EVERYDAY, not just something I do for 3 months, I DO NOT WANT TO obsess over it.  It should be something I can virtually do every single day without having to count, rethink, and worry over.  It is fairly easy for me to eat and stay at or below 75-80 carbs a day, most days even lower than that unless I am cheating.  I can do that with no probs, but it is not giving me the results I want, so on to PLAN B.  When I was much younger, still very health conscious, but not lifting weights, I would cut fats when I wanted to change my body.  It always worked for me.  Now that my lifestyle is still very health conscious, in fact even more so, and I lift weights, I have decided to cut fats once again.  For some reason I keep reading several "fitness minds" saying Fats are Fats, your body will still store it as such, if not used.  So starting Saturday I upped my carbs drastically and decreased my fats drastically.  I thought I would "cry" over the loss of fats, since they are my favorite, but it didn't even bother me.  

(Just another little note here........I am not looking to necessarily lose weight, I am hoping to restructure my body with more muscle and less fat, so if that means my weight increases, I have no problems with that.) 

I know this is kind of gross, but for some of you who read my blog and are still concerned with your weight # vs. how you look naked or in clothes, consider this:

What 5 pounds of fat looks like vs. 5 pounds of muscle.......

This is why I do not care how much I weigh, currently 155 lbs, vs. having less fat on my body.

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude about your diet being what you do everyday, not just 3 months out of the year and that you don't want to obsess over it. I have the same mindset. I don't want to measure every little thing or count calories all the time! I want to find what works for me to help me stay lean and HEALTHY, 365 days a year!

    ReplyDelete