"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More to be thankful for

When I got to the gym yesterday, I checked in, grabbed my hand towel, walked over to the ice machine and started fixing a water for my workout.  Routine as usual.  On the TV above my head I saw the ticker read "hundreds dead in stampede".  For what must have only been a couple of minutes, but seemed much longer, I watched pictures of dead human bodies lined up on a street and bodies being carried off.  I don't think I have to say I am thankful I was not a part of anything so horrific, but later during my workout, I was grateful to have my IPod with music that reflected the somberness of my heart.  Later as I got into my shower, I asked God to please be with those families and friends of the victims.  Help them find peace and comfort during their mourning period. 
While there are lots of people I am thankful to have in my life and certian materialist things that give me comfort, I am most Thankful to the one who has gotten me through so many hard times.  He has listened to my heart, heard me cry, held me when there was no one, and always been a father to me, Jesus.  I pray there is healing in this world of ours and while I am not a "Christian" by certian standards, my faith in Him never waivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment