"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, June 28, 2012

3.5 inches down

Guys, since the start of Summer I have been trying to tighten up my diet and add in more cardio to my weight lifting program.  Wanted to be bikini ready for Summer of course.  Many have asked me if I am going to compete this year and the answer is no, my body is still not what I call stage worthy.  While I eat "healthy" year round, I have slip ups.  I do not eat healthy 100% of the time.  I just had a piece of cake Tuesday for my boss' 60th Birthday party. 

Oh yes, we got him good!
(And yes, that is 900 balloons you see there, I think I blew up about 750 of them!)

Now back to the cake, yes I had a piece, but I scraped as much of the icing off as I could.  (Its the small things)  That is basically how my diet has been all Summer.  I am getting in about 4-5 days a week of 30 min cardio sessions, which I am very happy about.  Even with ALL the ball games I have had this month, I have managed to stay pretty steady to my cardio and have not missed any weight training, which is 6 days a week. 

#42 Rocks!

That's my baby!

So what am I getting to.......
You can lose with small changes.  My diet has been good, but not spot on all the time.  I have been crazy busy the month of June-about 8-15+ ballgames per week between softball and basketball, and I added in more cardio and somehow managed to lose 3.5 inches!
Here is my breakdown:  (These are the only parts I measure)
Chest:  .5 inches lost
Waist:  1 inch lost
Hips:  1.5 inches lost (Much needed :)
Thighs:  .5 inches lost
Total:  3.5 inches
I know that doesn't sound like much, but let me tell you, my skirts, shorts, pants, etc.... fit so much better, looser, more comfortable.  This makes me look forward to July where I will not have such a crazy schedule with my girls and can really knock it out in the gym and on my cardio instead of being rushed through to make it to my next event. 

Last let me leave you with this thought, which I am sure I stole this from someone, but I can't remember who, so whoever it was Thanks! you posting this really helped me through that day!


Make the time!
  


2 comments:

  1. All I got out of that whole post was "cake" and "icing" ;)

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T- I forget you are killing it right now, trust me, it was DE-Lish. :) You will get yours soon! Hang in there :))))

    ReplyDelete