"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Carb Cycling

As you my have read in previous posts, I have decided to pick back up carb cycling as eating clean just was not enough to push my body where I want it to go.  Here is where I wish I had taken a pic of the girl I saw in Oxygen this last issue, because I would have the perfect example, but this chick is pretty close:

(I know I have posted her before)
Maybe a tad more muscular.

So operation how to achieve my dream bod is in the works, not that it really never is, but now I realize it is going to take a bit more suffering structure to get it. 

Just to introduce those of you not familiar with carb cycling I have picked out a couple of related articles off of sites I like.
First, Livestrong.com, not really my style of a website as it promotes more toned healthy bodies vs, the muscular look I crave, but it has some good reading material for those interested.
"Adjusting your carbohydrate and caloric intake every few days not only boosts your metabolism, but it also helps keep your diet in check. The practice of carb cycling incorporates lowering your carbohydrates for two to three days to allow your body to burn your available fat supply. Then for one to two days, increase your carbohydrate consumption to replenish any vital nutrients. The cycling process keeps your metabolism always firing, helping your body lose excess weight.
The higher carbohydrate phase is established using the same method, only this time, increasing your protein and carbohydrate intake while decreasing your fats."
Second, Bodybuilding.com, LOVE this site.  Tons of extremely useful information for the beginner to the advanced.  Check out their article Top 5 Facts About Carb Cycling & Fat Loss

With all of that in mind here is my carb cycling schedule:
Monday:  Low
Tuesday:  Mid
Wednesday:  Low
Thursday:  Low
Friday:  Mid
Saturday:  High (Hallelujah! For some reason I hear birds chirping in the background)
Sunday:  Mid
Low= 40 gr (carbs)
Mid=75 gr
High= 200 gr, but let's be honest, it will be however much I can fit in!

I would bore you all with the actual meal plans, but most (not all bc some of you know that is just the way it is) would say, how can you eat the same things EVERY day.  Well that is what I do everyday already, the only change up for me here is the cycle.

I hope to post a super cute pic of my dress at the wedding this weekend, but we will have to see if I look super cute in it or not.  :)




1 comment:

  1. bless you for being able to carb cycle!
    great article read btw!
    AND im sure you will look more than super cute in that dress!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete