"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Thursday, May 30, 2013

What's the hardest advice to take?

Your own.  Over the past week or so I have been telling everyone to stick to the plan.  Trust the plan.  The plan will work.  And it has, but just not as I have wanted.  So what is the definition of insanity?  Funny that as I say it to myself I am completely contradicting what I have been telling everyone else all week.  Well, yes and no.  The 1st week of tightening up my diet and adding HIIT, I lost 2 and 1/2 lbs.  This week after being 100% on both diet and exercise plan I gained 1/2 lb and my measurements slide up slightly.  So what am I going to do?  I have gone back to the drawing board, revamped the diet plan, revisited what workouts I feel are a must, and decided a new course of action for the next week.  The short and sweet of it is, I have added one more day of HIIT, and on average increased my carbs intake, while lowering my average protein and fat intake.  After looking at the new macros, I feel much better about this coming week.  The #'s will tell the tale though.
Just so you have an idea of what I am talking about, here are the last 2 weeks of daily average #s (keep in mind I am on a carb cycle, so each day varies and this is just the 7 day average:
Avg Protein:  265
Avg Carb:  81
Avg Fat 68

The averages per day this week will look more like this:
Avg Protein:  201
Avg Carb:  111
Avg Fat:  45

For my 5'9" 154ish lb frame the calories works out to be roughly 12X my body weight, which to cut is just about the right range.

So yes, I am sticking to the plan, but no, it will be a new design....

1 comment:

  1. good for you! finding the right nutrition plan is indeed a science. and full of trial and error.everyone responds to different things!
    heres hoping plan B goes well for you!
    keep rocking and rolling along!
    :)

    ReplyDelete