"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, May 3, 2013

Sup'





Sup' hope I didn't offend too terribly bad with the language, but honestly I don't know how anyone could look at that and not smile.  It's awesome.  Yesterday in the gym, a guy caught me up in a conversation (I write because of how unusual this is for me, I never talk in the gym).  Although he is nice and I respect him and his work effort in the gym, I found myself at points only half listening.  Although, he was listening and offering advise about my neck situation, I couldn't help but feel a bit cheated in my workout.  He told me at one point (this was probably where he lost me) that I needed to lower my intensity level and maybe have more conversations and such.  OK I am going to try to say this as respectfully as I can.....WTH!!!  Really??? Never has it crossed my mind to lower my intensity in the gym.  I am there to get the job done, not to chit chat.  Now don't get me wrong, there have been times (rarely) it has crossed my mind to maybe introduce myself to those I feel like I already know because we work out near each other everyday and I feel like I know them already.  So a name to go with a face might be nice, but that is all I need to know about these guys.  (And since I haven't introduced myself up till now, I doubt I will start anytime soon)


Taken this morning

One thing mentioned in the gym conversation, that I have given much thought to is how my lack of sleep affects all aspects of my life.  (Esp. my body's physical appearance)  I KILL it in the gym, or so I think and apparently those working around me think, my diet- while not a competition diet- is good.  Why can I not seem to make the gains I want to make?  I do believe it is because of my lack of sleep stemming from all my shoulder/neck pain which wakes me up or keeps me up just about every hour on the hour EVERY night.  We all know what rest does for muscle repair.  Therefore with my body never getting deep sleep, I think it is taking me FOREVER to see the results I long to see. 


Taken this morning

It has been a little over a month of PT and Chiro work for me.  I tried last Friday to do a back workout (nothing crazy or heavy) just to see if it was even remotely repaired enough.  YEA.................NO!  I hurt Friday through yesterday as payment for it.  That means no back, chest, shoulders for at least another couple of weeks if not a month.  Then I will re-evaluate to see where I am and if it will be possible to add them back.  Trying to keep a positive attitude about therapy.  I want to believe it will "heal" me, therefore I am giving it my all.  Life without back, chest, or shoulders, well let's not go there.

Here's to looking forward to a wonderful weekend and wishing you one too!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment