"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." ~John Maxwell

Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 1 CheckIn

Short and sweet.  Week oNe has been very productive.  On my way to 15% body fat and then to maintain year round.  I measured to start and remeasured yesterday at the week mark.  I am down 2 and 1/8 inches.  Yesterday I was supposed to weigh in at the gym as I still do not own a scale, but I completely forgot and I am very upset about that, but will weigh today bc I need a new baseline for Sunday's carb up.  All that means for those who are new to this lifestyle is that I carb cycle during the week.  Low, Mid, and High days of carbs.  Well Sunday is my High Carb day, about 290 grams of carbs, all clean, with only 40 gr of fats and of course my protein at about 245 gr.  So as you can see the fat content being so low, there is no room for ugly carbs.  :)  I take a baseline weight during the week, preferably in my case Thursday, then eat as planned through Monday.  I weight again on Monday because after eating a lot of carbs Sunday my body weight should be up or somewhere around my baseline, preferably somewhat less, meaning even after eating all those carbs my body turned that food into fuel vs. storing it as fat.  Last week my baseline was 156.5 on Thursday and I was at 156 on Monday.  So today when I weigh I should weigh less then 156 and therefore on Monday I will be looking for a # less than this week's baseline even after all the Sunday food.

Gosh, I hope that isn't clear as mud.  Also, no pics this week as I do not feel enough of a visual difference has taken place.  And of course I did not have my body fat measured again this week, because I don't think there would would be enough of a difference to report.  I think I will next week though.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!  Remember what the day truly stands for and be ever so thankful we have all the freedoms we have because of those who have sacrificed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment